Fishermen`s livelihood `uncertain` by Lankan attacks: Vaiko
Nagapattinam: MDMK General Secretary
Vaiko today said repeated attacks on Indian fishermen,
allegedly by the Sri Lankan Navy, has made the livelihood of
over one crore fishermen in Tamil Nadu quite uncertain.
He accused Chief Minister and DMK chief M Karunanidhi of
"not taking steps" to stop the attacks on the fishermen.
He was speaking at a demonstration organised by MDMK
near here to protest the killing of a Vedaranyam fisherman in
mid-sea, allegedly by Lankan navy, on July 7.
He alleged that the Centre was indifferent to the
suffering of the fishermen.
"Mid-sea attacks have become a regular feature, but not
even a single time the Union Government came forward to
condemn the attacks," he said.
He demanded that Centre recognise the probe panel
appointed by the United Nations to probe alleged war crimes by
Sri Lanka during the final phase of the war against the LTTE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant