Fishing operations resume
Rameswaram: Fishing operations, which remained suspended for more than two weeks following strike by fishermen demanding the release of 19 Tamil fishermen, arrested by Sri Lankan Navy, resumed here on Monday morning.
Official sources said the decision to start fishing operations was taken talks between the fishermen association leaders and Ramanathapuram District Collector yesterday.
The fishermen were boycotting fishing since March 15 demanding the release of their counterparts, who were lodged in a prison in the island nation. The judicial remand of the fishermen had been extended to April 11 by a court in Sri Lanka recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price