Fishing operations resume
Rameswaram: Fishing operations, which remained suspended for more than two weeks following strike by fishermen demanding the release of 19 Tamil fishermen, arrested by Sri Lankan Navy, resumed here on Monday morning.
Official sources said the decision to start fishing operations was taken talks between the fishermen association leaders and Ramanathapuram District Collector yesterday.
The fishermen were boycotting fishing since March 15 demanding the release of their counterparts, who were lodged in a prison in the island nation. The judicial remand of the fishermen had been extended to April 11 by a court in Sri Lanka recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre