Five drown as boat capsizes in UP
Mirzapur: At least five persons drowned in the river Ganga and 12 others are missing in a boat capsize in Chilha area here today, police said.
The incident occurred this morning when the boat carrying 22 people was crossing the river from Balliparwa to Bhanauti village.
Five bodies have been fished out till now, while as many swam to safety, SHO Chilha Sriram Verma said.
Senior officials have reached the spot and attempts were on to trace the missing people, who are feared drowned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list