Five drown as boat capsizes in UP
Mirzapur: At least five persons drowned in the river Ganga and 12 others are missing in a boat capsize in Chilha area here today, police said.
The incident occurred this morning when the boat carrying 22 people was crossing the river from Balliparwa to Bhanauti village.
Five bodies have been fished out till now, while as many swam to safety, SHO Chilha Sriram Verma said.
Senior officials have reached the spot and attempts were on to trace the missing people, who are feared drowned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok