Five drown as boat capsizes in UP
Mirzapur: At least five persons drowned in the river Ganga and 12 others are missing in a boat capsize in Chilha area here today, police said.
The incident occurred this morning when the boat carrying 22 people was crossing the river from Balliparwa to Bhanauti village.
Five bodies have been fished out till now, while as many swam to safety, SHO Chilha Sriram Verma said.
Senior officials have reached the spot and attempts were on to trace the missing people, who are feared drowned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP