Five Indian fishermen attacked by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaran: Five Indian fishermen were allegedly attacked by Sri Lankan naval men off Talaimanar and Kottamannar areas, fisheries department officials said.
The Sri Lankan naval personnel purportedly damaged their boats and also took away their fish catch, GPS sets, walkie talkies and mobile phones, they said.
The five were part of about 120 fishermen who had put out to sea last night in 30 boats, the officials said, adding, the naval personnel also warned them not to come near Talaimannar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon