Five killed, 18 injured in two road mishaps
Tirunelveli/Karur: Five persons, including a child, were killed and 18 others injured in two road accidents in Tirunelveli and Karur districts on Thursday.
Police said one person was killed and eight others injured when a government bus collided with a stationary lorry at Kavalkinaru Villakku in Tirunelveli district.
The injured included the bus conductor.
Police said the bus driver has been taken into custody.
In the other accident, four persons, including a child, were killed and 10 others injured when a private bus rammed into a lorry near Aravaikuruchi, 25 km from Karur.
The injured have been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!