Five Lankan fishermen apprehended by Coast Guard
Chennai: Five Sri Lankan fishermen, along with their boat and over 100 kg catch, have been apprehended by Indian Coast Guard for illegally fishing off Krishnapatnam in Andhra Pradesh coast.
Coast Guard vessel ICGS Rajshree spotted Lankan boat `Ranil Putha` and apprehended the five crew along with a fish catch weighing over 100 kg while on patrol yesterday, a Coast Guard statement said.
The boat and crew were apprehended for violating Sections 3/10 (fishing without license) and 7/14 (entering Indian Exclusive Economic Zone without stowing fishing gear in the prescribed manner) of Maritime Zones of India Act,1981 and later handed them over to Tamil Nadu Police, it said.
Since January 2013, 26 Sri Lankans were apprehended, five fishing boats impounded and 330 kg fish catch seized by the Coast Guard (Eastern Region), it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray