Five Lankan fishermen apprehended by Coast Guard
Chennai: Five Sri Lankan fishermen, along with their boat and over 100 kg catch, have been apprehended by Indian Coast Guard for illegally fishing off Krishnapatnam in Andhra Pradesh coast.
Coast Guard vessel ICGS Rajshree spotted Lankan boat `Ranil Putha` and apprehended the five crew along with a fish catch weighing over 100 kg while on patrol yesterday, a Coast Guard statement said.
The boat and crew were apprehended for violating Sections 3/10 (fishing without license) and 7/14 (entering Indian Exclusive Economic Zone without stowing fishing gear in the prescribed manner) of Maritime Zones of India Act,1981 and later handed them over to Tamil Nadu Police, it said.
Since January 2013, 26 Sri Lankans were apprehended, five fishing boats impounded and 330 kg fish catch seized by the Coast Guard (Eastern Region), it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!