Five Lankan fishermen apprehended by Coast Guard
Chennai: Five Sri Lankan fishermen, along with their boat and over 100 kg catch, have been apprehended by Indian Coast Guard for illegally fishing off Krishnapatnam in Andhra Pradesh coast.
Coast Guard vessel ICGS Rajshree spotted Lankan boat `Ranil Putha` and apprehended the five crew along with a fish catch weighing over 100 kg while on patrol yesterday, a Coast Guard statement said.
The boat and crew were apprehended for violating Sections 3/10 (fishing without license) and 7/14 (entering Indian Exclusive Economic Zone without stowing fishing gear in the prescribed manner) of Maritime Zones of India Act,1981 and later handed them over to Tamil Nadu Police, it said.
Since January 2013, 26 Sri Lankans were apprehended, five fishing boats impounded and 330 kg fish catch seized by the Coast Guard (Eastern Region), it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon