Five-member gang busted
Visakhapatnam: The city police on Monday busted a five-member gang involved in 24 crimes under nine police stations limits in the city, Commissioner of Police, B Shivadhar Reddy said.
Addressing a media conference, the commissioner said that around 500 gm of gold ornaments, 18 kg of silver ornaments, some old coins and currency worth over Rs 20 lakh stolen from various places in the city in the last few months have been recovered from the gang.
He said the kingpin of the gang Boddapu Baburao (27), a native of Pedapalle under Yelamanchili police station in the district was involved in various crimes over the past ten years in the city and East Godavari district. Baburao was arrested many times but would go back to his old ways on his release.
He developed acquaintance with Setti Appalaraju (33), resident of Madhurawada area, an?auto-driver and an accused in attempt to murder case in central prison and later met there others, namely, Y Appalaraju (40), P Prasad (36) and G Apparao (26), all of them auto-drivers.
The five-member gang targetted some locked houses, temples and few jwellery shops and stole ornaments and cash.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime), SV Rajulu said that they nabbed one of the members of the gang while he was selling stolen goods and during interrogation he revealed names of others members of the gang.
He said that the gang has stolen ornaments worth over Rs 30 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America