Five-yr-old dies, 18 fall ill after eating food at child home
Salem: A five-year-old girl died while 18 other children fell ill allegedly after eating food at a children`s home in remote Karumantharai area in the district on Thursday.
Soon after eating lunch at the home, the students started vomiting and some of them fell unconscious following which they were rushed to Primary Health Centre in the village, where a Class I student died, police said.
Eighteen students, who fell ill after eating food, had been discharged from the hospital, police said.
The children`s home has 24 boys and 29 girls and runs classes from first to 12th standards. It was not yet clear if all 53 students in the home consumed the food, police said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City