Five-yr-old dies, 18 fall ill after eating food at child home
Salem: A five-year-old girl died while 18 other children fell ill allegedly after eating food at a children`s home in remote Karumantharai area in the district on Thursday.
Soon after eating lunch at the home, the students started vomiting and some of them fell unconscious following which they were rushed to Primary Health Centre in the village, where a Class I student died, police said.
Eighteen students, who fell ill after eating food, had been discharged from the hospital, police said.
The children`s home has 24 boys and 29 girls and runs classes from first to 12th standards. It was not yet clear if all 53 students in the home consumed the food, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?