Five-yr-old dies, 18 fall ill after eating food at child home
Salem: A five-year-old girl died while 18 other children fell ill allegedly after eating food at a children`s home in remote Karumantharai area in the district on Thursday.
Soon after eating lunch at the home, the students started vomiting and some of them fell unconscious following which they were rushed to Primary Health Centre in the village, where a Class I student died, police said.
Eighteen students, who fell ill after eating food, had been discharged from the hospital, police said.
The children`s home has 24 boys and 29 girls and runs classes from first to 12th standards. It was not yet clear if all 53 students in the home consumed the food, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way