Fmr DMK minister`s son denied anticipatory bail
Salem: A CJM court has rejected anticipatory bail plea of former DMK Minister Veerapandi
Arumugam`s son, who apprehended arrest in a land grabbing case.
Veerapandi Arumugam`s son, A Raja has moved the Chief Judicial Magistrate court seeking anticipatory bail after police registered a case, accusing him of grabbing three acres
of land at Jagiramapalayam by forging documents.
Dismissing the petition, Chief Judicial Magistrate A Baskar yesterday said the case was in a preliminary stage and the petitioner (Raja) might tamper with evidence if he was
Raja had moved the court despite the complainant Muthukumar, withdrawing his police complaint within 24 hours of filing it on July 6.
After the district crime branch police registered a case, Muthukumar met DIG (Salem range) Venkatraman and requested that the case be withdrawn, saying the parties concerned had
agreed for an out of court settlement.
A number of land grabbing complaints have been lodged with police in recent weeks after the Jayalalithaa government ordered a crack-down on such incidents. Cases have been filed
against several local level DMK functionaries in various districts across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets