Foreman killed in cracker explosion at factory in TN
Virudhunagar: The foreman of a fireworks factory was killed on the spot in a cracker explosion while filling chemicals at Kitchanayakanpatti near Sivakasi, 30 km from here last evening.
Police said the foreman was packing chemicals for a `rocket` on a trial basis when the cracker exploded, setting it ablaze and razing the room to the ground, they said.
Fire service personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames. Other sheds were not affected as they were situated some distance away, police said.
Besides many workers did not report for work as there was a temple festival in the village, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation