Foreman killed in cracker explosion at factory in TN
Virudhunagar: The foreman of a fireworks factory was killed on the spot in a cracker explosion while filling chemicals at Kitchanayakanpatti near Sivakasi, 30 km from here last evening.
Police said the foreman was packing chemicals for a `rocket` on a trial basis when the cracker exploded, setting it ablaze and razing the room to the ground, they said.
Fire service personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames. Other sheds were not affected as they were situated some distance away, police said.
Besides many workers did not report for work as there was a temple festival in the village, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory