Forest dept employee, wife shot dead
Madurai: A forest department personnel and his wife were shot dead by an unidentified assailant while they were travelling on a two-wheeler in Kanyakumari district, police said on Friday.
Arumugam (50), working as an assistant in the Tamil Nadu forest department, and his wife Easwari (45) died on the spot after being hit by bullets fired from a close range.
Arumugam sustained four bullet injuries while his wife two. They were shot while passing through the Akkarai-Therur road in Kanyakumari, 242 km from here, last evening.
Police suspect the killings to be the handiwork of a hired killer who could have monitored Arumugam`s movements before striking.
Arumugam was deployed at the Forest check post near Aralvaimozhi, a major smuggling point, police said, adding, the killer or the person who ordered the killing might be known to him.
Passengers of a bus noticed the couple lying in a pool of blood and informed police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'