Forest dept employee, wife shot dead
Madurai: A forest department personnel and his wife were shot dead by an unidentified assailant while they were travelling on a two-wheeler in Kanyakumari district, police said on Friday.
Arumugam (50), working as an assistant in the Tamil Nadu forest department, and his wife Easwari (45) died on the spot after being hit by bullets fired from a close range.
Arumugam sustained four bullet injuries while his wife two. They were shot while passing through the Akkarai-Therur road in Kanyakumari, 242 km from here, last evening.
Police suspect the killings to be the handiwork of a hired killer who could have monitored Arumugam`s movements before striking.
Arumugam was deployed at the Forest check post near Aralvaimozhi, a major smuggling point, police said, adding, the killer or the person who ordered the killing might be known to him.
Passengers of a bus noticed the couple lying in a pool of blood and informed police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia