Forest personnel now part of TN uniformed services
Chennai: Treating forest department officials on par with other uniformed services in the state, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday ordered that they would be entitled to all allowances and facilities available to traffic, prison and police department officials from this year.
The order would entitle them for a uniform allowance of Rs 2,650 to lower grade forest officials as police constables, while higher grade forest officials would get Rs 2,800 as sub inspectors and inspectors, a state government press release said today.
In addition, they would also get the allowance and washing allowance on par with traffic police and state police officials, it said, adding torchlights, raincoats and fire fighting equipment would also be given to them.
Inclusion of forest department in the uniformed services would cost the exchequer about Rs 4.53 crore, it said, adding over 5,600 forest personnel would benefit from it.
The personnel would also be entitled to avail canteen facilities available for police personnel, it said, adding Rs 10 lakh has been allocated for towards this, which would benefit 8,730 forest personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'