Former Anna University chief`s residence raided
Chennai: The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) Friday raided the residence of former Anna University vice chancellor D. Viswanathan and other officials for allegedly fabricating bogus quotations to favour city-based company Barnas International.
DVAC officials also raided the office of Barnas International here and the residences of its CEO P.M. Najimudeen and another official, the agency said in a statement here.
According to DVAC, some Anna University officials in connivance with Barnas International fabricated bogus quotations in the names of other companies in a limited tender for the purchase of electronic items.
Based on the outcome of a discreet inquiry, a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against Barnas International and unknown public servants of the Anna University.
According to DVAC, searches were conducted at the residences of Anna University officials P. Narayanasamy and K. Nagarajan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured