Former Anna University chief`s residence raided
Chennai: The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) Friday raided the residence of former Anna University vice chancellor D. Viswanathan and other officials for allegedly fabricating bogus quotations to favour city-based company Barnas International.
DVAC officials also raided the office of Barnas International here and the residences of its CEO P.M. Najimudeen and another official, the agency said in a statement here.
According to DVAC, some Anna University officials in connivance with Barnas International fabricated bogus quotations in the names of other companies in a limited tender for the purchase of electronic items.
Based on the outcome of a discreet inquiry, a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against Barnas International and unknown public servants of the Anna University.
According to DVAC, searches were conducted at the residences of Anna University officials P. Narayanasamy and K. Nagarajan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das