Former Anna University chief`s residence raided
Chennai: The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) Friday raided the residence of former Anna University vice chancellor D. Viswanathan and other officials for allegedly fabricating bogus quotations to favour city-based company Barnas International.
DVAC officials also raided the office of Barnas International here and the residences of its CEO P.M. Najimudeen and another official, the agency said in a statement here.
According to DVAC, some Anna University officials in connivance with Barnas International fabricated bogus quotations in the names of other companies in a limited tender for the purchase of electronic items.
Based on the outcome of a discreet inquiry, a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against Barnas International and unknown public servants of the Anna University.
According to DVAC, searches were conducted at the residences of Anna University officials P. Narayanasamy and K. Nagarajan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report