Former Anna University chief`s residence raided
Chennai: The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) Friday raided the residence of former Anna University vice chancellor D. Viswanathan and other officials for allegedly fabricating bogus quotations to favour city-based company Barnas International.
DVAC officials also raided the office of Barnas International here and the residences of its CEO P.M. Najimudeen and another official, the agency said in a statement here.
According to DVAC, some Anna University officials in connivance with Barnas International fabricated bogus quotations in the names of other companies in a limited tender for the purchase of electronic items.
Based on the outcome of a discreet inquiry, a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against Barnas International and unknown public servants of the Anna University.
According to DVAC, searches were conducted at the residences of Anna University officials P. Narayanasamy and K. Nagarajan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!