Former DMK minister appears before Palladam court
Coimbatore: Armed with the anticipatory bail
granted by Madras High Court, former DMK minister Pongalur N
Palanisamy on Wednesday appeared before a court in Palladam in nearby
Tirupur district, in connection with a land grabbing case,
involving a former party MLA.
Palanisamy was an accused in a case, in which former
Pongalur MLA, AS Mani and his son, were made prime accused,
for allegedly grabbing about 15 acres belonging to one
Venkateshan of Tirupur. While Mani was arrested and lodged in
the jail, Palanisamy was granted anticipatory bail in this
As Palanisamy appeared before the court, Magistrate Padma
asked him to appear before Avanashiplayam police station at 10.00
am on Mondays and Fridays, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it