Former DMK minister appears before Palladam court
Coimbatore: Armed with the anticipatory bail
granted by Madras High Court, former DMK minister Pongalur N
Palanisamy on Wednesday appeared before a court in Palladam in nearby
Tirupur district, in connection with a land grabbing case,
involving a former party MLA.
Palanisamy was an accused in a case, in which former
Pongalur MLA, AS Mani and his son, were made prime accused,
for allegedly grabbing about 15 acres belonging to one
Venkateshan of Tirupur. While Mani was arrested and lodged in
the jail, Palanisamy was granted anticipatory bail in this
As Palanisamy appeared before the court, Magistrate Padma
asked him to appear before Avanashiplayam police station at 10.00
am on Mondays and Fridays, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai