Former DMK minister rearrested
Coimbatore: Former Tamil Nadu Minister and
senior DMK leader Veerapandi S Arumugam was rearrested on Tuesday in connection with a land grabbing case soon after he was
released from jail on bail.
Arumugam, lodged in the Central jail here in connection
with three cases of land grabbing, had been granted bail by
the Madras High Court last week.
Police said he was released around 1.30 PM today as
technical reasons and intervening holidays prevented them from
carrying out the court order earlier.
As Arumugam came out of prison, he was arrested in another
land grabbing case on a complaint by a jeweller and later
taken to Salem to be produced before a court.
The DMK strongman of Salem region had surrendered on July
25 before the District Crime Branch Police following a
directive from the Madras High Court.
He was first arrested on July 30 on a complaint of land
Several DMK leaders including four former ministers have
been arrested in the crackdown launched by the Jayalalithaa
government on land grabbing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics