Former DMK minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passes away
Chennai: Former DMK Minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passed away in a city hospital due to renal failure, party sources said.
Selvaraj (66) is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
DMK President M Karunanidhi condoled the death of Selvaraj, a two time MLA, saying he had worked hard for the welfare of the Adi-dravidar community.
"Despite facing several difficulties, Selvaraj was dedicated to his work and worked hard for the welfare of the community. I am unable to bear news of his death," he said in a statement.
The DMK chief and his son M K Stalin, accompanied by senior party leaders including T K S Elangovan, paid their last respects to Selvaraj.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate