Former DMK minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passes away
Chennai: Former DMK Minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passed away in a city hospital due to renal failure, party sources said.
Selvaraj (66) is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
DMK President M Karunanidhi condoled the death of Selvaraj, a two time MLA, saying he had worked hard for the welfare of the Adi-dravidar community.
"Despite facing several difficulties, Selvaraj was dedicated to his work and worked hard for the welfare of the community. I am unable to bear news of his death," he said in a statement.
The DMK chief and his son M K Stalin, accompanied by senior party leaders including T K S Elangovan, paid their last respects to Selvaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30