Former DMK minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passes away
Chennai: Former DMK Minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passed away in a city hospital due to renal failure, party sources said.
Selvaraj (66) is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
DMK President M Karunanidhi condoled the death of Selvaraj, a two time MLA, saying he had worked hard for the welfare of the Adi-dravidar community.
"Despite facing several difficulties, Selvaraj was dedicated to his work and worked hard for the welfare of the community. I am unable to bear news of his death," he said in a statement.
The DMK chief and his son M K Stalin, accompanied by senior party leaders including T K S Elangovan, paid their last respects to Selvaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February