Former DMK minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passes away
Chennai: Former DMK Minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passed away in a city hospital due to renal failure, party sources said.
Selvaraj (66) is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
DMK President M Karunanidhi condoled the death of Selvaraj, a two time MLA, saying he had worked hard for the welfare of the Adi-dravidar community.
"Despite facing several difficulties, Selvaraj was dedicated to his work and worked hard for the welfare of the community. I am unable to bear news of his death," he said in a statement.
The DMK chief and his son M K Stalin, accompanied by senior party leaders including T K S Elangovan, paid their last respects to Selvaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra