Former DMK minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passes away
Chennai: Former DMK Minister Samayanalur Selvaraj passed away in a city hospital due to renal failure, party sources said.
Selvaraj (66) is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
DMK President M Karunanidhi condoled the death of Selvaraj, a two time MLA, saying he had worked hard for the welfare of the Adi-dravidar community.
"Despite facing several difficulties, Selvaraj was dedicated to his work and worked hard for the welfare of the community. I am unable to bear news of his death," he said in a statement.
The DMK chief and his son M K Stalin, accompanied by senior party leaders including T K S Elangovan, paid their last respects to Selvaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari