Former DMK minister`s brother remanded in custody
Tiruchirappalli: Former DMK minister K N Nehru`s brother, who was detained at Kochi airport, when he was on his way to Dubai, has been remanded in judicial custody.
K N Ramajayam, against whom a look out notice had been issued by Tamil Nadu Police in connection with a land grab case, was produced before judicial magistrate number Pushparani, who remanded him to 15 days judicial custody, police sources said.
Ramajayam, who was brought here from Kochi yesterday by a police team, has been taken to Palayamkottai prison in Tirunelveli district, police sources said.
Ramajayam is an accused, along with 10 others including Nehru, in an alleged land grab case where 13,290 sqft of land in Tiruchirappalli was forcibly obtained for construction of DMK party office.
Nehru, a loyalist of DMK Treasurer and party chief M Karunanidhi`s son, M K Stalin, was arrested on August 25 in connection with the same case in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH