Former DMK minister`s houses raided in TN
Chennai: The residences and business premises of D Duraimurugan, former law minister in the DMK government in Tamil Nadu, and those of his close relatives were raided on Thursday on charges of amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income, officials said.
He is the sixth DMK minister to come under the vigilance scanner.
The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) conducted the raids at his residence here and also his business premises.
Earlier, the agency raided the residences and office premises of KN Nehru, TM Anbarasan, K Ponmudi, N Suresh Rajan and MRK Panneerselvam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'