Former DMK minister`s houses raided in TN
Chennai: The residences and business premises of D Duraimurugan, former law minister in the DMK government in Tamil Nadu, and those of his close relatives were raided on Thursday on charges of amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income, officials said.
He is the sixth DMK minister to come under the vigilance scanner.
The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) conducted the raids at his residence here and also his business premises.
Earlier, the agency raided the residences and office premises of KN Nehru, TM Anbarasan, K Ponmudi, N Suresh Rajan and MRK Panneerselvam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!