Former DMK minister`s premises searched
Nagercoil: The residence and office of
DMK leader and former Tamil Nadu minister Suresh Rajan were
searched by Commercial Tax Department officials on Wednesday in
Ramavarmapuram near here on charges of tax evasion.
Police said the searches were conducted simultaneously in
his house and at NSR Steel Mill, owned by him.
On October 8, Vigilance and Anti-Corruption officials had
conducted searches at seven premises of the DMK leader in
Kanyamkumari and Tirunelveli districts on charges of
possessing disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider