Former DMK MLA surrenders before court
Theni: Former DMK MLA of Bodinayakanur,
S Lakshmanan, along with two others surrendered before the Judicial Magistrate court here in connection with a poll violation case registered against them and was subsequently let off on bail.
The trio of Lakshmanan, Bodi Town DMK secretary Ramesh and
Chinamanur Union Secretary Mayilvahanan had already obtained
anticipatory bail from the High Court bench here, police said.
Police said the trio had on April 13, the day of the
Assembly electons, entered the polling booth at Sankarapuram
village allegedly without permission and in a menacing manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan