Former DMK MLA surrenders before court
Theni: Former DMK MLA of Bodinayakanur,
S Lakshmanan, along with two others surrendered before the Judicial Magistrate court here in connection with a poll violation case registered against them and was subsequently let off on bail.
The trio of Lakshmanan, Bodi Town DMK secretary Ramesh and
Chinamanur Union Secretary Mayilvahanan had already obtained
anticipatory bail from the High Court bench here, police said.
Police said the trio had on April 13, the day of the
Assembly electons, entered the polling booth at Sankarapuram
village allegedly without permission and in a menacing manner.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on