Former DMK MLA surrenders before court
Theni: Former DMK MLA of Bodinayakanur,
S Lakshmanan, along with two others surrendered before the Judicial Magistrate court here in connection with a poll violation case registered against them and was subsequently let off on bail.
The trio of Lakshmanan, Bodi Town DMK secretary Ramesh and
Chinamanur Union Secretary Mayilvahanan had already obtained
anticipatory bail from the High Court bench here, police said.
Police said the trio had on April 13, the day of the
Assembly electons, entered the polling booth at Sankarapuram
village allegedly without permission and in a menacing manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert