Former Tamil actor to campaign for AIADMK
Chennai: Vennira Aadai Nirmala, who made her debut in Tamil movies along with Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, will be one of the star campaigners for the AIADMK party in the April general elections.
The ruling AIADMK released its 19 member star campaigner`s list late Friday that includes many Tamil movie and television artists like movie director and actor Ramarajan, Vindhya, comedy actors Senthil, Gundu Kalyanam, Singamuthu, Kuyili, TV news reader and actor Fathima Babu, villain actors Anand Raj and Ponnambalam.
The list also includes party politicians like Nanjil Sampath, AIADMK`s propaganda secretary, S Sasikala Pushpa, Parithi Ilamvazhuthi and Vijila Sathyanand.
In 1986, AIADMK founder MG Ramachandran (MGR) had wanted to nominate Vennira Aadai Nirmala to the Tamil Nadu Legislative Council. However, the plan did not work as she was earlier declared insolvent by a court.
According to AIADMK`s statement, the party`s star campaigner would begin their campaign March 11 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested