Former Tamil actor to campaign for AIADMK
Chennai: Vennira Aadai Nirmala, who made her debut in Tamil movies along with Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, will be one of the star campaigners for the AIADMK party in the April general elections.
The ruling AIADMK released its 19 member star campaigner`s list late Friday that includes many Tamil movie and television artists like movie director and actor Ramarajan, Vindhya, comedy actors Senthil, Gundu Kalyanam, Singamuthu, Kuyili, TV news reader and actor Fathima Babu, villain actors Anand Raj and Ponnambalam.
The list also includes party politicians like Nanjil Sampath, AIADMK`s propaganda secretary, S Sasikala Pushpa, Parithi Ilamvazhuthi and Vijila Sathyanand.
In 1986, AIADMK founder MG Ramachandran (MGR) had wanted to nominate Vennira Aadai Nirmala to the Tamil Nadu Legislative Council. However, the plan did not work as she was earlier declared insolvent by a court.
According to AIADMK`s statement, the party`s star campaigner would begin their campaign March 11 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!