Four Cong workers held for attack on BJP leader
Tiruchirappalli: Four local youth Congress functionaries have been arrested for allegedly attacking BJP Tamil Nadu unit vice-president H Raja protesting
his remarks against Congress President Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
The four, including District youth congress secretary Balasubramanian, Karur Parliament Constituency area leader Rameshkumar, were arrested last night and produced before a court which remanded them to judicial custody, police said.
Vayyampatti Police, who had registered cases in connection
with the incident, are on the lookout for three more persons.
Police said the seven had allegedly pelted eggs at Raja
after he made some remarks against the Congress chief and
her son when he was addressing a meeting in Vayyampatti
organised in connection with former prime minister AB
Vajpayee`s birthday recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report