Four Cong workers held for attack on BJP leader
Tiruchirappalli: Four local youth Congress functionaries have been arrested for allegedly attacking BJP Tamil Nadu unit vice-president H Raja protesting
his remarks against Congress President Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
The four, including District youth congress secretary Balasubramanian, Karur Parliament Constituency area leader Rameshkumar, were arrested last night and produced before a court which remanded them to judicial custody, police said.
Vayyampatti Police, who had registered cases in connection
with the incident, are on the lookout for three more persons.
Police said the seven had allegedly pelted eggs at Raja
after he made some remarks against the Congress chief and
her son when he was addressing a meeting in Vayyampatti
organised in connection with former prime minister AB
Vajpayee`s birthday recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai