Four held for murder of BJP leader
Ramanathapuram: Four members of a mercenary gang have been arrested for allegedly murdering a local BJP leader last month.
A special team arrested all the four persons and produced them before a local court which remanded them to judicial custody, Superintendent of Police Mayilvahanan told reporters here on Saturday.
Murugan, a former BJP councillor, was hacked to death by a gang on March 19 in the bazar area.
The SP said Murugan had an ancestral property of six acres at Vaigai Nagar, over which one Rajapandi Alias Rajamohammed, through a fake document, was claiming ownership.
Recently Murugan`s family got a court order and sold the property. Angered by this, Rajamohammed allegedly engaged the hirelings -- Rabeek Raja, Sahul Hameed, Rajah Mohammed of Chennai and Manoharan and had given them Rs.Two lakh for murdering Murugan.
Rabeekraja was an expert in making Pipe bombs and using them, he said adding police seized two pipe bombs from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details