Four killed in explosion in fireworks manufacturing factory near Madurai
Madurai: Four persons, including two women, were killed and 17 injured in a powerful explosion at a fireworks manufacturing factory at Vadakanpatti near here this evening, police said.
The accident occurred due to "mishandling" of chemicals for manufacturing crackers, police said.
While two women died on the spot, others died on their way to hospital, police said.
All the injured have been admitted to the hospital.
District Collector L subramanian cancelled the licence of the private factory immediately and ordered for a probe into the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...