Four killed in explosion in fireworks manufacturing factory near Madurai
Madurai: Four persons, including two women, were killed and 17 injured in a powerful explosion at a fireworks manufacturing factory at Vadakanpatti near here this evening, police said.
The accident occurred due to "mishandling" of chemicals for manufacturing crackers, police said.
While two women died on the spot, others died on their way to hospital, police said.
All the injured have been admitted to the hospital.
District Collector L subramanian cancelled the licence of the private factory immediately and ordered for a probe into the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies