Four rape accused booked under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: Four persons, arrested on the charge of raping a 13-year-old girl for nearly one year here, were on Friday booked under the stringent Goondas Act.
The four, including the paternal uncle of the girl, along with a 17-year-old boy had raped the girl and sexually abused her for the last one year.
They were arrested recently on a complaint from the girl.
The order detaining them under the Goondas Act was served on the four accused in the central jail here, police said.
The girl was staying with her uncle as her mother and father had separated.
The boy, a painter, who exploited the girl with whom he was in love, is lodged in the juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?