Four rape accused booked under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: Four persons, arrested on the charge of raping a 13-year-old girl for nearly one year here, were on Friday booked under the stringent Goondas Act.
The four, including the paternal uncle of the girl, along with a 17-year-old boy had raped the girl and sexually abused her for the last one year.
They were arrested recently on a complaint from the girl.
The order detaining them under the Goondas Act was served on the four accused in the central jail here, police said.
The girl was staying with her uncle as her mother and father had separated.
The boy, a painter, who exploited the girl with whom he was in love, is lodged in the juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'