Four rape accused booked under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: Four persons, arrested on the charge of raping a 13-year-old girl for nearly one year here, were on Friday booked under the stringent Goondas Act.
The four, including the paternal uncle of the girl, along with a 17-year-old boy had raped the girl and sexually abused her for the last one year.
They were arrested recently on a complaint from the girl.
The order detaining them under the Goondas Act was served on the four accused in the central jail here, police said.
The girl was staying with her uncle as her mother and father had separated.
The boy, a painter, who exploited the girl with whom he was in love, is lodged in the juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men