Four rape accused booked under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: Four persons, arrested on the charge of raping a 13-year-old girl for nearly one year here, were on Friday booked under the stringent Goondas Act.
The four, including the paternal uncle of the girl, along with a 17-year-old boy had raped the girl and sexually abused her for the last one year.
They were arrested recently on a complaint from the girl.
The order detaining them under the Goondas Act was served on the four accused in the central jail here, police said.
The girl was staying with her uncle as her mother and father had separated.
The boy, a painter, who exploited the girl with whom he was in love, is lodged in the juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured