Four teenage boys drown in lake
Erode: Four teenage boys drowned in a slush filled lake at Anadhsagar area while taking a bath, police said.
The boys, all aged between 13 and 15 years, went to the lake after school hours on Monday to take a bath. They waded into the lake which has about four feet of slush but were asphyxiated and drowned. Two of their friends who tried to rescue them also met the same fate.
Two other boys raised an alarm and alerted villagers, who rushed to the spot, jumped into the lake and retrieved the bodies of the boys.
The bodies of the children were handed over to their parents this morning after post-mortem.
The villagers demanded that the Public Works Department desilt the lake to avoid recurrence of such deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29