Four teenage boys drown in lake
Erode: Four teenage boys drowned in a slush filled lake at Anadhsagar area while taking a bath, police said.
The boys, all aged between 13 and 15 years, went to the lake after school hours on Monday to take a bath. They waded into the lake which has about four feet of slush but were asphyxiated and drowned. Two of their friends who tried to rescue them also met the same fate.
Two other boys raised an alarm and alerted villagers, who rushed to the spot, jumped into the lake and retrieved the bodies of the boys.
The bodies of the children were handed over to their parents this morning after post-mortem.
The villagers demanded that the Public Works Department desilt the lake to avoid recurrence of such deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!