Four teenage boys drown in lake
Erode: Four teenage boys drowned in a slush filled lake at Anadhsagar area while taking a bath, police said.
The boys, all aged between 13 and 15 years, went to the lake after school hours on Monday to take a bath. They waded into the lake which has about four feet of slush but were asphyxiated and drowned. Two of their friends who tried to rescue them also met the same fate.
Two other boys raised an alarm and alerted villagers, who rushed to the spot, jumped into the lake and retrieved the bodies of the boys.
The bodies of the children were handed over to their parents this morning after post-mortem.
The villagers demanded that the Public Works Department desilt the lake to avoid recurrence of such deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore