Four-wheel bike drive launched in Dhanushkodi
Rameswaram: Tourists visiting Dhanushkodi, the southern-most tip of this holy island, can now enjoy a four-wheel bike drive on the beach sands.
The four-wheel bike drive entertainment sport, launched by a firm floated by four youths, was today formally inaugurated by Ramanathapuram District Superintendent of Police Mayilvahanan.
He said the sport would attract more tourists to Mukundarayar Chattiram in Dhanushkodi, 18 km from here, which has beautiful sandune beach.
The petrol driven four-wheel bikes have been imported from Thailand and are already popular with the tourists.
This type of entertainment would also provide income for the youths and also make this forlorn area more famous as not only a pilgrim location but a picnic spot, he said.
Dhanushkodi was washed away in a devastating cyclone in 1964 and could be reached only on four-wheel jeeps in view of the sandy terrain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal