French woman harassed in Rameswaram, 3 held
Rameswaram: A 35-year old French woman, residing in Puducherry for the past 25 years, was harassed by three fishermen allegedly in an inebriated state while taking bath in sea here on Sunday.
The fishermen, in the age group of 18-30, have been arrested and booked under the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Eve Teasing Act, police said.
They said the three fishermen allegedly teased the French national and pulled her hand when she was taking bath at Villundi Theertham (sea) along with another person.
On her complaint, DSP Vijayakumar ordered registration of a case under the eve teasing act and their arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing