French woman harassed in Rameswaram, 3 held
Rameswaram: A 35-year old French woman, residing in Puducherry for the past 25 years, was harassed by three fishermen allegedly in an inebriated state while taking bath in sea here on Sunday.
The fishermen, in the age group of 18-30, have been arrested and booked under the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Eve Teasing Act, police said.
They said the three fishermen allegedly teased the French national and pulled her hand when she was taking bath at Villundi Theertham (sea) along with another person.
On her complaint, DSP Vijayakumar ordered registration of a case under the eve teasing act and their arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre