French woman harassed in Rameswaram, 3 held
Rameswaram: A 35-year old French woman, residing in Puducherry for the past 25 years, was harassed by three fishermen allegedly in an inebriated state while taking bath in sea here on Sunday.
The fishermen, in the age group of 18-30, have been arrested and booked under the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Eve Teasing Act, police said.
They said the three fishermen allegedly teased the French national and pulled her hand when she was taking bath at Villundi Theertham (sea) along with another person.
On her complaint, DSP Vijayakumar ordered registration of a case under the eve teasing act and their arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings
- Euro 2016: After 4-0 rout vs Hungary, Eden Hazard can't wait for Wales in quarters
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma