French woman harassed in Rameswaram, 3 held
Rameswaram: A 35-year old French woman, residing in Puducherry for the past 25 years, was harassed by three fishermen allegedly in an inebriated state while taking bath in sea here on Sunday.
The fishermen, in the age group of 18-30, have been arrested and booked under the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Eve Teasing Act, police said.
They said the three fishermen allegedly teased the French national and pulled her hand when she was taking bath at Villundi Theertham (sea) along with another person.
On her complaint, DSP Vijayakumar ordered registration of a case under the eve teasing act and their arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees