Fund allotted for upgrading facilities of Kasimedu harbour in TN
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has announced a grant of Rs 75 crore for upgrading the infrastructure facilities of Kasimedu fishing harbour.
This will help the harbour handle large number of fishing boats. At present, its capacity is to handle only 575 fishing boats but the actual number of boats has increased to 1,395.
Accordingly, the harbour which has been operating since 1984 would have the capacity to handle large number of fishing boats and huge quantities of fishes, an official release here said.
Through this initiative, 27,000 members of the fishing community, both directly and indirectly, would get benefit, it said.
Jayalalithaa also announced a financial assistance of Rs 42 crore for renovating the Chetput lake spread across 15 acres into a green park located in the heart of city.
Entertainment activities like fishing, water games, boat ride, open air theatre and children`s play area would be taken up after the upgradation. Rare trees would be planted in the park and it would be able to attract huge number of visitors making it a tourist spot in future, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof