Gang attacks priest in Erode
Erode: Three persons attacked a priest of a local Jain temple and damaged some material kept inside, police said.
One of the gang members had come in a car and the other two on two-wheelers last night, police said.
Police said one of them, who was allegedly in an inebriated state, tried to enter the temple premises and when the priest questioned him, he attacked him with a bottle injuring his left ear. The gang then damaged some material kept inside.
However, they could not enter the sanctum sanctorum as it was locked, police said.
On hearing the noise, locals rushed to the spot but the three escaped on the motorcycles, police said.
Local people staged a dharna on the road demanding arrest of the culprits.Police pacified them and they later dispersed.
A case has been registered and police are maintaining strict vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan