Giant flag made of conches to celebrate dist silver jubilee
Tuticorin: A giant 60x40 feet national flag made of 15 lakh conch shells, horns and clams was an exporter`s unique way of celebrating the silver jubilee of this district, the birth place of many freedom fighters.
Businessman Ashish Tyagi told reporters here he used three tons of orange conch, three tons of white shells and green shells, apart from 100 kg of violet trident and 500 kg of brown conch to get the flag built yesterday by 20 workers.
He said he had undertaken the feat to also try and find a place in the Guinness book of records and Limca book of records.
District Collector Ashiskumar and Coast Guard commandant Anandkumar were among the dignitaries who visited the VOC Chidamabaranar ground to see the flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!