Giant flag made of conches to celebrate dist silver jubilee
Tuticorin: A giant 60x40 feet national flag made of 15 lakh conch shells, horns and clams was an exporter`s unique way of celebrating the silver jubilee of this district, the birth place of many freedom fighters.
Businessman Ashish Tyagi told reporters here he used three tons of orange conch, three tons of white shells and green shells, apart from 100 kg of violet trident and 500 kg of brown conch to get the flag built yesterday by 20 workers.
He said he had undertaken the feat to also try and find a place in the Guinness book of records and Limca book of records.
District Collector Ashiskumar and Coast Guard commandant Anandkumar were among the dignitaries who visited the VOC Chidamabaranar ground to see the flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?