Giant flag made of conches to celebrate dist silver jubilee
Tuticorin: A giant 60x40 feet national flag made of 15 lakh conch shells, horns and clams was an exporter`s unique way of celebrating the silver jubilee of this district, the birth place of many freedom fighters.
Businessman Ashish Tyagi told reporters here he used three tons of orange conch, three tons of white shells and green shells, apart from 100 kg of violet trident and 500 kg of brown conch to get the flag built yesterday by 20 workers.
He said he had undertaken the feat to also try and find a place in the Guinness book of records and Limca book of records.
District Collector Ashiskumar and Coast Guard commandant Anandkumar were among the dignitaries who visited the VOC Chidamabaranar ground to see the flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!