Giant flag made of conches to celebrate dist silver jubilee
Tuticorin: A giant 60x40 feet national flag made of 15 lakh conch shells, horns and clams was an exporter`s unique way of celebrating the silver jubilee of this district, the birth place of many freedom fighters.
Businessman Ashish Tyagi told reporters here he used three tons of orange conch, three tons of white shells and green shells, apart from 100 kg of violet trident and 500 kg of brown conch to get the flag built yesterday by 20 workers.
He said he had undertaken the feat to also try and find a place in the Guinness book of records and Limca book of records.
District Collector Ashiskumar and Coast Guard commandant Anandkumar were among the dignitaries who visited the VOC Chidamabaranar ground to see the flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read