Giant flag made of conches to celebrate dist silver jubilee
Tuticorin: A giant 60x40 feet national flag made of 15 lakh conch shells, horns and clams was an exporter`s unique way of celebrating the silver jubilee of this district, the birth place of many freedom fighters.
Businessman Ashish Tyagi told reporters here he used three tons of orange conch, three tons of white shells and green shells, apart from 100 kg of violet trident and 500 kg of brown conch to get the flag built yesterday by 20 workers.
He said he had undertaken the feat to also try and find a place in the Guinness book of records and Limca book of records.
District Collector Ashiskumar and Coast Guard commandant Anandkumar were among the dignitaries who visited the VOC Chidamabaranar ground to see the flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls