Girl consumes poison mistaking it as cough syrup
Erode: In a tragic incident, a six-year-old girl died after consuming poison mistaking it to be cough syrup, police said on Tuesday.
The girl was playing with her elder brother when she had a bout of coughing. She went inside and consumed the contents of a bottle, presuming it to be cough syrup, police said.
She swooned and fell down, police added, though she was rushed to the nearby hospital, she died.
The girl`s parents said they had kept pesticides inside an empty bottle of cough syrup. Police are investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?