Girl consumes poison mistaking it as cough syrup
Erode: In a tragic incident, a six-year-old girl died after consuming poison mistaking it to be cough syrup, police said on Tuesday.
The girl was playing with her elder brother when she had a bout of coughing. She went inside and consumed the contents of a bottle, presuming it to be cough syrup, police said.
She swooned and fell down, police added, though she was rushed to the nearby hospital, she died.
The girl`s parents said they had kept pesticides inside an empty bottle of cough syrup. Police are investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof