Girl consumes poison mistaking it as cough syrup
Erode: In a tragic incident, a six-year-old girl died after consuming poison mistaking it to be cough syrup, police said on Tuesday.
The girl was playing with her elder brother when she had a bout of coughing. She went inside and consumed the contents of a bottle, presuming it to be cough syrup, police said.
She swooned and fell down, police added, though she was rushed to the nearby hospital, she died.
The girl`s parents said they had kept pesticides inside an empty bottle of cough syrup. Police are investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?