Girl consumes poison mistaking it as cough syrup
Erode: In a tragic incident, a six-year-old girl died after consuming poison mistaking it to be cough syrup, police said on Tuesday.
The girl was playing with her elder brother when she had a bout of coughing. She went inside and consumed the contents of a bottle, presuming it to be cough syrup, police said.
She swooned and fell down, police added, though she was rushed to the nearby hospital, she died.
The girl`s parents said they had kept pesticides inside an empty bottle of cough syrup. Police are investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'