Girl dies, 60 take ill due to food poisoning in TN
Dharmapuri, TN: A 13-year-old girl died and 60 others took ill after suspected food poisoning at a colony, 34 km from here, Tuesday.
People at Thoppampatti colony were served food items of a marriage function on Monday. After few hours, they started vomitting and complained of loose motion and were admitted to a Primary Health centre, District Deputy Director, Health Services, Dr N Iyyanar said.
The 60, including 25 women and 13 children were given treatment and declared out of danger, he said.
A Medical team, which examined them, diagnosed that the cause of vomitting was due to food poisoning.
A 13-year-old A.Bhuwaneswari died today, Iyyanar said.
Collector P.Amudha said that as per medical report the incident occurred due to food poisoning. Water and food samples have been collected for examination.
A CPI-M MLA, P Dillybabu, claimed that it was consumption of contaminated water from water tanks that led to vomiting and diarrhoea and charged the district administration with having failed to clean the tanks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof