Girl dies, 60 take ill due to food poisoning in TN
Dharmapuri, TN: A 13-year-old girl died and 60 others took ill after suspected food poisoning at a colony, 34 km from here, Tuesday.
People at Thoppampatti colony were served food items of a marriage function on Monday. After few hours, they started vomitting and complained of loose motion and were admitted to a Primary Health centre, District Deputy Director, Health Services, Dr N Iyyanar said.
The 60, including 25 women and 13 children were given treatment and declared out of danger, he said.
A Medical team, which examined them, diagnosed that the cause of vomitting was due to food poisoning.
A 13-year-old A.Bhuwaneswari died today, Iyyanar said.
Collector P.Amudha said that as per medical report the incident occurred due to food poisoning. Water and food samples have been collected for examination.
A CPI-M MLA, P Dillybabu, claimed that it was consumption of contaminated water from water tanks that led to vomiting and diarrhoea and charged the district administration with having failed to clean the tanks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO