Girl dies, 60 take ill due to food poisoning in TN
Dharmapuri, TN: A 13-year-old girl died and 60 others took ill after suspected food poisoning at a colony, 34 km from here, Tuesday.
People at Thoppampatti colony were served food items of a marriage function on Monday. After few hours, they started vomitting and complained of loose motion and were admitted to a Primary Health centre, District Deputy Director, Health Services, Dr N Iyyanar said.
The 60, including 25 women and 13 children were given treatment and declared out of danger, he said.
A Medical team, which examined them, diagnosed that the cause of vomitting was due to food poisoning.
A 13-year-old A.Bhuwaneswari died today, Iyyanar said.
Collector P.Amudha said that as per medical report the incident occurred due to food poisoning. Water and food samples have been collected for examination.
A CPI-M MLA, P Dillybabu, claimed that it was consumption of contaminated water from water tanks that led to vomiting and diarrhoea and charged the district administration with having failed to clean the tanks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred