Girl dies after rescue from open borewell in TN
Chennai: A six-year-old girl died of multiple organ failure, a few hours after she was rescued from a 200 feet-deep borewell in Tamil Nadu`s Thiruvanamalai district, said officials.
According to doctors at the Vellore government hospital, Devi did not respond to the treatment given as several of her organs had failed during her 10-hour-ordeal
A resident of Pulavanpadi village, the young girl fell into the bore well, which was not properly covered up, in a farm owned by Shankar, around 8 a.m. this morning while out with her mother.
Her mother raised the alarm and an ambulance and fire tender rushed to the spot and oxygen was supplied into the well.
Rescue efforts began with the digging of a pit to reach the girl. As the ground, was rocky the digging process took time.
Around 6 p.m., the girl was extricated and after first aid, was rushed to the hospital in the ambulance with the people assembled there heaving a sigh of relief.
But the relief was short-lived as Devi did not respond to the treatment given by the doctors and breathed her last around 7 p.m.
According to police, Shankar has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read