Girl dies after rescue from open borewell in TN
Chennai: A six-year-old girl died of multiple organ failure, a few hours after she was rescued from a 200 feet-deep borewell in Tamil Nadu`s Thiruvanamalai district, said officials.
According to doctors at the Vellore government hospital, Devi did not respond to the treatment given as several of her organs had failed during her 10-hour-ordeal
A resident of Pulavanpadi village, the young girl fell into the bore well, which was not properly covered up, in a farm owned by Shankar, around 8 a.m. this morning while out with her mother.
Her mother raised the alarm and an ambulance and fire tender rushed to the spot and oxygen was supplied into the well.
Rescue efforts began with the digging of a pit to reach the girl. As the ground, was rocky the digging process took time.
Around 6 p.m., the girl was extricated and after first aid, was rushed to the hospital in the ambulance with the people assembled there heaving a sigh of relief.
But the relief was short-lived as Devi did not respond to the treatment given by the doctors and breathed her last around 7 p.m.
According to police, Shankar has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city