Girl dies after rescue from open borewell in TN
Chennai: A six-year-old girl died of multiple organ failure, a few hours after she was rescued from a 200 feet-deep borewell in Tamil Nadu`s Thiruvanamalai district, said officials.
According to doctors at the Vellore government hospital, Devi did not respond to the treatment given as several of her organs had failed during her 10-hour-ordeal
A resident of Pulavanpadi village, the young girl fell into the bore well, which was not properly covered up, in a farm owned by Shankar, around 8 a.m. this morning while out with her mother.
Her mother raised the alarm and an ambulance and fire tender rushed to the spot and oxygen was supplied into the well.
Rescue efforts began with the digging of a pit to reach the girl. As the ground, was rocky the digging process took time.
Around 6 p.m., the girl was extricated and after first aid, was rushed to the hospital in the ambulance with the people assembled there heaving a sigh of relief.
But the relief was short-lived as Devi did not respond to the treatment given by the doctors and breathed her last around 7 p.m.
According to police, Shankar has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile