Girl falls into open borewell pit; rescue operations on
Chennai: A three-year-old girl today fell into an open borewell pit near Thiagadurgam in Tamil Nadu`s Villupuram district and efforts are on to rescue the child, police said.
Fire and Rescue personnel are digging a hole adjoining the pit, as the child is said to be alive, stuck at around 28-30 ft of the 500-feet pit, they said.
Identified as Madhumita, daughter of Ramachandran of Pallagaseri, she is said to have been playing in the land, where the borewell was being dug, they said.
While oxygen is being supplied into the pit to facilitate the child`s easy breathing, an ambulance with an emergency medical team is kept ready at the site.
District administration officials, including Superintendent of Police are camping at the spot to oversee rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet
- Why red snow of Arctic is a 'red alert' for the environment?
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe