Girl falls into open borewell pit; rescue operations on
Chennai: A three-year-old girl today fell into an open borewell pit near Thiagadurgam in Tamil Nadu`s Villupuram district and efforts are on to rescue the child, police said.
Fire and Rescue personnel are digging a hole adjoining the pit, as the child is said to be alive, stuck at around 28-30 ft of the 500-feet pit, they said.
Identified as Madhumita, daughter of Ramachandran of Pallagaseri, she is said to have been playing in the land, where the borewell was being dug, they said.
While oxygen is being supplied into the pit to facilitate the child`s easy breathing, an ambulance with an emergency medical team is kept ready at the site.
District administration officials, including Superintendent of Police are camping at the spot to oversee rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!