Girl`s death: Jayalalithaa orders stringent action
Chennai: Taking serious note of the death of a seven-year old girl in a freak accident, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday ordered stringent action against those who were responsible for using a defective bus.
The Chief Minister said she had ordered the police and the education department to take stringent action against those responsible for taking the defective bus on contract for use as school vehicle, an official press release said.
Condoling the death of Sruthi, a class II student, she announced a compensation of Rs one lakh to the bereaved family.
Meanwhile, four persons, including a school correspondent have been arrested in connection with her death, police said.
Besides the correspondent, those arrested include the bus driver and two others. All of them have been remanded to judicial custody.
The girl, a second standard student of Zion Matriculation school died when she came under the rear wheels of her school bus yesterday after she slipped through a hole on the bus floor.
The school has been closed down today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Kerry warns North Korea of `real consequences` for weapons programme
- Chinese army bans Hong Kong`s Pokemon players from barracks
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx spacecraft to map surface of asteroid 'Bennu' – Watch video!
- Swanky new Deen Dayal coaches for unreserved Rail passengers –Check out pics
- Five youth killed as car overturns on Pune-Mumbai Expressway