Gold biscuits seized from passenger at Chennai airport
A passenger, who arrived from Singapore at the airport here, was taken into custody for questioning after he was found allegedly trying to smuggle in 21 gold biscuits worth Rs 59 lakh, airport sources said on Saturday.
The officials seized the gold biscuits from 28-year-old Syed Mohammed Ali, who kept them concealed in his bag, last night.
He was then taken into custody for questioning, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?