Gold biscuits seized from passenger at Chennai airport
A passenger, who arrived from Singapore at the airport here, was taken into custody for questioning after he was found allegedly trying to smuggle in 21 gold biscuits worth Rs 59 lakh, airport sources said on Saturday.
The officials seized the gold biscuits from 28-year-old Syed Mohammed Ali, who kept them concealed in his bag, last night.
He was then taken into custody for questioning, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family