Golden attire procession to Sabarimala from Dec 23
Sabarimala: The four-day procession of `Thanka Anki` (golden attire), to be decorated on the Ayyappa idol
during the `Mandala pooja` at the Sabarimala hill shrine, will
begin from Aranmula on December 23.
The ornaments were offered to the Lord by the Travancore
royal house when the shrine was part of the princely state.
The `Ratha Yatra`, covering a distance of 80 km before
reaching Sabarimala, will start from the Parthasarathy temple
at Aranmula in Pathanamthitta district at 7 am on Friday,
a temple release said.
Arrangements had been made for devotees to pay respect to
the golden attire along the way.
The procession will reach the Sabarimala temple on December
26, a day before the Mandala pooja, marking culmination of the
first phase of the temple`s two-month long pilgrimage season.
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Jayalalithaa seeks PM's intervention for release of 34 fishermen held by Lanka
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Whoa! 'Main Hoon Na' sequel on cards?
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme