Golden attire procession to Sabarimala from Dec 23
Sabarimala: The four-day procession of `Thanka Anki` (golden attire), to be decorated on the Ayyappa idol
during the `Mandala pooja` at the Sabarimala hill shrine, will
begin from Aranmula on December 23.
The ornaments were offered to the Lord by the Travancore
royal house when the shrine was part of the princely state.
The `Ratha Yatra`, covering a distance of 80 km before
reaching Sabarimala, will start from the Parthasarathy temple
at Aranmula in Pathanamthitta district at 7 am on Friday,
a temple release said.
Arrangements had been made for devotees to pay respect to
the golden attire along the way.
The procession will reach the Sabarimala temple on December
26, a day before the Mandala pooja, marking culmination of the
first phase of the temple`s two-month long pilgrimage season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand