Golden attire procession to Sabarimala from Dec 23
Sabarimala: The four-day procession of `Thanka Anki` (golden attire), to be decorated on the Ayyappa idol
during the `Mandala pooja` at the Sabarimala hill shrine, will
begin from Aranmula on December 23.
The ornaments were offered to the Lord by the Travancore
royal house when the shrine was part of the princely state.
The `Ratha Yatra`, covering a distance of 80 km before
reaching Sabarimala, will start from the Parthasarathy temple
at Aranmula in Pathanamthitta district at 7 am on Friday,
a temple release said.
Arrangements had been made for devotees to pay respect to
the golden attire along the way.
The procession will reach the Sabarimala temple on December
26, a day before the Mandala pooja, marking culmination of the
first phase of the temple`s two-month long pilgrimage season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!