Golden attire procession to Sabarimala from Dec 23
Sabarimala: The four-day procession of `Thanka Anki` (golden attire), to be decorated on the Ayyappa idol
during the `Mandala pooja` at the Sabarimala hill shrine, will
begin from Aranmula on December 23.
The ornaments were offered to the Lord by the Travancore
royal house when the shrine was part of the princely state.
The `Ratha Yatra`, covering a distance of 80 km before
reaching Sabarimala, will start from the Parthasarathy temple
at Aranmula in Pathanamthitta district at 7 am on Friday,
a temple release said.
Arrangements had been made for devotees to pay respect to
the golden attire along the way.
The procession will reach the Sabarimala temple on December
26, a day before the Mandala pooja, marking culmination of the
first phase of the temple`s two-month long pilgrimage season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people