Golden attire procession to Sabarimala from Dec 23
Sabarimala: The four-day procession of `Thanka Anki` (golden attire), to be decorated on the Ayyappa idol
during the `Mandala pooja` at the Sabarimala hill shrine, will
begin from Aranmula on December 23.
The ornaments were offered to the Lord by the Travancore
royal house when the shrine was part of the princely state.
The `Ratha Yatra`, covering a distance of 80 km before
reaching Sabarimala, will start from the Parthasarathy temple
at Aranmula in Pathanamthitta district at 7 am on Friday,
a temple release said.
Arrangements had been made for devotees to pay respect to
the golden attire along the way.
The procession will reach the Sabarimala temple on December
26, a day before the Mandala pooja, marking culmination of the
first phase of the temple`s two-month long pilgrimage season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145