Govt allocates Rs 4.67 cr for improving infrastructure of college
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government has allocated Rs 4.67 crore towards improving the infrastructure of an arts college at Paramakudi in Ramanadhapuram district.
The funds would be directed towards constructing class rooms, laboratories, library and other buildings, an official release said.
The government had started eight new academic programmes in the college since 2012-13, it said.
The college, which was started in 1995, has been producing university ranking students and stands 10th in the state level academic performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq