Govt allocates Rs 4.67 cr for improving infrastructure of college
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government has allocated Rs 4.67 crore towards improving the infrastructure of an arts college at Paramakudi in Ramanadhapuram district.
The funds would be directed towards constructing class rooms, laboratories, library and other buildings, an official release said.
The government had started eight new academic programmes in the college since 2012-13, it said.
The college, which was started in 1995, has been producing university ranking students and stands 10th in the state level academic performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital