Govt allocates Rs 4.67 cr for improving infrastructure of college
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government has allocated Rs 4.67 crore towards improving the infrastructure of an arts college at Paramakudi in Ramanadhapuram district.
The funds would be directed towards constructing class rooms, laboratories, library and other buildings, an official release said.
The government had started eight new academic programmes in the college since 2012-13, it said.
The college, which was started in 1995, has been producing university ranking students and stands 10th in the state level academic performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister