Govt assures `due action` in ex-Cong MLA attack case
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Government today
assured "due action" against culprits in a case relating to
the attack on a Congress functionary here allegedly by some
"Three persons have been arrested in connection with the
attack on Congress leader and former MLA U Balaraman
yesterday. The search is on for some more persons. I assure
that the government will take due action," Deputy Chief
Minister M K Stalin informed the state assembly.
Responding to a call attention motion by various parties,
including AIADMK, Congress and CPI (M), Stalin said Balaraman
was presently undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
Three PMK workers, including a party functionary from
North Chennai, were arrested in connection with the attack.
Balaraman was attacked on suspicion that he had played a
key role in Ramadoss` brother Srinivasa Gounder and his son
joining the Congress recently.
When Congress member C Gnanasekaran made some remarks
about PMK over the incident, the latter took exception to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic