Govt assures `due action` in ex-Cong MLA attack case
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Government today
assured "due action" against culprits in a case relating to
the attack on a Congress functionary here allegedly by some
"Three persons have been arrested in connection with the
attack on Congress leader and former MLA U Balaraman
yesterday. The search is on for some more persons. I assure
that the government will take due action," Deputy Chief
Minister M K Stalin informed the state assembly.
Responding to a call attention motion by various parties,
including AIADMK, Congress and CPI (M), Stalin said Balaraman
was presently undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
Three PMK workers, including a party functionary from
North Chennai, were arrested in connection with the attack.
Balaraman was attacked on suspicion that he had played a
key role in Ramadoss` brother Srinivasa Gounder and his son
joining the Congress recently.
When Congress member C Gnanasekaran made some remarks
about PMK over the incident, the latter took exception to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details