Govt assures `due action` in ex-Cong MLA attack case
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Government today
assured "due action" against culprits in a case relating to
the attack on a Congress functionary here allegedly by some
"Three persons have been arrested in connection with the
attack on Congress leader and former MLA U Balaraman
yesterday. The search is on for some more persons. I assure
that the government will take due action," Deputy Chief
Minister M K Stalin informed the state assembly.
Responding to a call attention motion by various parties,
including AIADMK, Congress and CPI (M), Stalin said Balaraman
was presently undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
Three PMK workers, including a party functionary from
North Chennai, were arrested in connection with the attack.
Balaraman was attacked on suspicion that he had played a
key role in Ramadoss` brother Srinivasa Gounder and his son
joining the Congress recently.
When Congress member C Gnanasekaran made some remarks
about PMK over the incident, the latter took exception to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog