Govt hostel warden arrested for taking bribe
Tuticorin: A government hostel warden has been arrested for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 20,000 for giving an appointment order to a cook at a new bus stand.
Police said the warden had demanded the bribe to give the order to the relative of man selected to work as a cook in the backward class hostel.
On a complaint from the man, vigilance and anti-corruption bureau officials set a trap and arrested the warden while he was receiving the money.
Officials later raided the warden’s two residences at Oddapidaram and Therku parumpoor and seized Rs 8 lakh in cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know