Govt not taking honest position on Sri Lankan issu
New Delhi: CPI on Saturday accused the government of not taking an honest position on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue and asked it respond to the resolution adopted by the Tamil Nadu assembly.
"The government is not taking a forthright and honest position on the issue. The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister has been raising the matter through a series of letters to the Prime Minister, the state assembly has also unanimously adopted a resolution. But there is no response from the PMO," party national secretary D Raja said.
He said such an attitude "undermined the principles of federalism and normal governance. The Prime Minister should respond to the state government`s views."
"Some Ministers were using the media to try to respond to the Sri Lankan Tamil issue, but there is nothing formal from the government," Raja told a news agency.
Reacting to the war of words between Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma and the Samajwadi Party, he said "there is a big question mark on the survival and continuance of this government. After all, how long can it survive like this?"
The Prime Minister says the government would complete its full term, "but he also speaks about uncertainties," Raja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued