Govt not taking honest position on Sri Lankan issu
New Delhi: CPI on Saturday accused the government of not taking an honest position on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue and asked it respond to the resolution adopted by the Tamil Nadu assembly.
"The government is not taking a forthright and honest position on the issue. The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister has been raising the matter through a series of letters to the Prime Minister, the state assembly has also unanimously adopted a resolution. But there is no response from the PMO," party national secretary D Raja said.
He said such an attitude "undermined the principles of federalism and normal governance. The Prime Minister should respond to the state government`s views."
"Some Ministers were using the media to try to respond to the Sri Lankan Tamil issue, but there is nothing formal from the government," Raja told a news agency.
Reacting to the war of words between Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma and the Samajwadi Party, he said "there is a big question mark on the survival and continuance of this government. After all, how long can it survive like this?"
The Prime Minister says the government would complete its full term, "but he also speaks about uncertainties," Raja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH