Govt to construct 1 lakh houses for cyclone affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government would construct one lakh concrete houses for the people in Cuddalore and Viluppuram districts, hit badly by the cyclone Thane last year.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Saturday announced allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for the project under which 90,000 houses would be constructed in Cuddalore and 10,000 houses in Viluppuram.
Each house, to be constructed at 200 sq ft, would cost Rs one lakh, an official release said.
After the severe cyclonic storm that hit the state on December 30 last leaving a trail of destruction, the Chief Minister had announced that her government would construct one lakh houses for those affected by the storm fury in these two districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?