Govt to construct 1 lakh houses for cyclone affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government would construct one lakh concrete houses for the people in Cuddalore and Viluppuram districts, hit badly by the cyclone Thane last year.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Saturday announced allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for the project under which 90,000 houses would be constructed in Cuddalore and 10,000 houses in Viluppuram.
Each house, to be constructed at 200 sq ft, would cost Rs one lakh, an official release said.
After the severe cyclonic storm that hit the state on December 30 last leaving a trail of destruction, the Chief Minister had announced that her government would construct one lakh houses for those affected by the storm fury in these two districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation