Govt to construct 1 lakh houses for cyclone affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government would construct one lakh concrete houses for the people in Cuddalore and Viluppuram districts, hit badly by the cyclone Thane last year.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Saturday announced allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for the project under which 90,000 houses would be constructed in Cuddalore and 10,000 houses in Viluppuram.
Each house, to be constructed at 200 sq ft, would cost Rs one lakh, an official release said.
After the severe cyclonic storm that hit the state on December 30 last leaving a trail of destruction, the Chief Minister had announced that her government would construct one lakh houses for those affected by the storm fury in these two districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?