Govt to construct 1 lakh houses for cyclone affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government would construct one lakh concrete houses for the people in Cuddalore and Viluppuram districts, hit badly by the cyclone Thane last year.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Saturday announced allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for the project under which 90,000 houses would be constructed in Cuddalore and 10,000 houses in Viluppuram.
Each house, to be constructed at 200 sq ft, would cost Rs one lakh, an official release said.
After the severe cyclonic storm that hit the state on December 30 last leaving a trail of destruction, the Chief Minister had announced that her government would construct one lakh houses for those affected by the storm fury in these two districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir