Granite scam: HC grants anticipatory bail to Alagiri`s son
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday granted anticipatory bail to Union
Minister M K Alagiri`s son Durai Dayanidhi in alleged illegal granite quarrying scam.
Durai has been absconding for the last several months after a non-bailable warrant was issued against him. DMK chief M Karunanidhi had said last week he did not know why his grandson was hiding.
DMK is the second largest constituent of UPA after Congress in the wake of the exit of Trinamool Congress from the ruling alliance.
Dayanidhi and his partner Nagarajan of the Olympus Granites Private Ltd have been charged of causing revenue loss of Rs.44 crore through illegal granite mining in Madurai’s Melur block.
An FIR had been registered against them under various sections of the Mines and Minerals Act, Tamil Nadu Public Property Damage Act among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony