Granite scam: HC grants anticipatory bail to Alagiri`s son
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday granted anticipatory bail to Union
Minister M K Alagiri`s son Durai Dayanidhi in alleged illegal granite quarrying scam.
Durai has been absconding for the last several months after a non-bailable warrant was issued against him. DMK chief M Karunanidhi had said last week he did not know why his grandson was hiding.
DMK is the second largest constituent of UPA after Congress in the wake of the exit of Trinamool Congress from the ruling alliance.
Dayanidhi and his partner Nagarajan of the Olympus Granites Private Ltd have been charged of causing revenue loss of Rs.44 crore through illegal granite mining in Madurai’s Melur block.
An FIR had been registered against them under various sections of the Mines and Minerals Act, Tamil Nadu Public Property Damage Act among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!