Gunning down of man `atrocious murder`, says Vaiko
Chennai: MDMK leader Vaiko today described the gunning down of a man by an Inspector near Tirunelveli on Tuesday as an "atrocious murder" and demanded action against the police official.
Vaiko said the deceased Vanumamalai was survived by his 25 year-old wife and two children and demanded that government announce relief to the family, besides giving a job to her.
"The family of the victim Vanumamalai is poor. Police should file a case of murder against Inspector Vijayakumar for gunning down the victim and government should order an enquiry under a sitting High Court judge," he said in a statement.
Vanumamalai (32) brother of a history sheeter, was shot dead by the cop after he and two of his associates allegedly attempted to attack him in a village near Tirunelveli.
Vanamamalai of Maruthal Kurichi had died on the spot after Nanguneri Inspector Vijaykumar opened fire at him with his service weapon, police had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack