Gunning down of man `atrocious murder`, says Vaiko
Chennai: MDMK leader Vaiko today described the gunning down of a man by an Inspector near Tirunelveli on Tuesday as an "atrocious murder" and demanded action against the police official.
Vaiko said the deceased Vanumamalai was survived by his 25 year-old wife and two children and demanded that government announce relief to the family, besides giving a job to her.
"The family of the victim Vanumamalai is poor. Police should file a case of murder against Inspector Vijayakumar for gunning down the victim and government should order an enquiry under a sitting High Court judge," he said in a statement.
Vanumamalai (32) brother of a history sheeter, was shot dead by the cop after he and two of his associates allegedly attempted to attack him in a village near Tirunelveli.
Vanamamalai of Maruthal Kurichi had died on the spot after Nanguneri Inspector Vijaykumar opened fire at him with his service weapon, police had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown