Gyms to keep Tamil Nadu staff fit
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday ordered setting up of two gymnasiums to keep state secretariat staff trim and fit.
An official statement said each gym will have around 20 pieces of exercise equipment.
According to the statement, around 6,000 men and women work in the secretariat.
Their health is affected since they are desk bound for long hours, and at times work even on holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam