Gyms to keep Tamil Nadu staff fit
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday ordered setting up of two gymnasiums to keep state secretariat staff trim and fit.
An official statement said each gym will have around 20 pieces of exercise equipment.
According to the statement, around 6,000 men and women work in the secretariat.
Their health is affected since they are desk bound for long hours, and at times work even on holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31