HC admits petition against TN minister
Madurai: Madurai Bench of Madras High Court has admitted a petition seeking action against Tamil Nadu Labour Minister S T Chellapandian for alleged irregularities and malpractices in the handling of funds of a cooperative society during 1997-2000 when he headed it.
When the petition came up for hearing, Justice R Sudhakar admitted it and ordered issue of notice to the government.
Petitioner Kanthimathinathan claimed that an audit report of the Tuticorin District Agro-Engineering Service Cooperative Society revealed that there were irregularities and malpractices to the tune of Rs 14.49 lakh in 1998-99.
Though the audit report specifically blamed Chellapandian for the malpractices, no action was taken to recover the money. Even after he had sent petitions to the Joint Registrar and Special Officer of the society in December 2011 no action was taken, he contended.
He prayed for a direction to the government to take action against the Minister and others who abetted in committing the malpractices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today
- Mumbai: Drunk girl creates ruckus in Worli Police Station, slaps cop – Watch video
- MS Dhoni has three to four years of cricket left but Virat Kohli should lead India in all formats: Ravi Shastri
- Malegaon blasts: Special NIA court rejects bail plea of Sadhvi Pragya