HC admits petition against TN minister
Madurai: Madurai Bench of Madras High Court has admitted a petition seeking action against Tamil Nadu Labour Minister S T Chellapandian for alleged irregularities and malpractices in the handling of funds of a cooperative society during 1997-2000 when he headed it.
When the petition came up for hearing, Justice R Sudhakar admitted it and ordered issue of notice to the government.
Petitioner Kanthimathinathan claimed that an audit report of the Tuticorin District Agro-Engineering Service Cooperative Society revealed that there were irregularities and malpractices to the tune of Rs 14.49 lakh in 1998-99.
Though the audit report specifically blamed Chellapandian for the malpractices, no action was taken to recover the money. Even after he had sent petitions to the Joint Registrar and Special Officer of the society in December 2011 no action was taken, he contended.
He prayed for a direction to the government to take action against the Minister and others who abetted in committing the malpractices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU