HC admits petition against TN minister
Madurai: Madurai Bench of Madras High Court has admitted a petition seeking action against Tamil Nadu Labour Minister S T Chellapandian for alleged irregularities and malpractices in the handling of funds of a cooperative society during 1997-2000 when he headed it.
When the petition came up for hearing, Justice R Sudhakar admitted it and ordered issue of notice to the government.
Petitioner Kanthimathinathan claimed that an audit report of the Tuticorin District Agro-Engineering Service Cooperative Society revealed that there were irregularities and malpractices to the tune of Rs 14.49 lakh in 1998-99.
Though the audit report specifically blamed Chellapandian for the malpractices, no action was taken to recover the money. Even after he had sent petitions to the Joint Registrar and Special Officer of the society in December 2011 no action was taken, he contended.
He prayed for a direction to the government to take action against the Minister and others who abetted in committing the malpractices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed