HC comes to the rescue of differently-abled students
Chennai: Coming to the rescue of three disabled students including a girl, the Madras High Court on Monday ordered the Tamil Nadu government to keep vacant three MBBS seats for their admission while rejecting the Medical Board report disqualifying them.
Justice K K Sasidharan passed the interim order directing that the seats be kept vacant before the second round of counselling for MBBS seats commenced.
The order came on writ petitions filed by T Nalini of Vandavasi, R Anbumani of Tiruchirappalli and R Devipriya of Kancheepuram district who had challenged the Medical Board`s decision disqualifying them for admission into MBBS course under disabled persons quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised