HC comes to the rescue of differently-abled students
Chennai: Coming to the rescue of three disabled students including a girl, the Madras High Court on Monday ordered the Tamil Nadu government to keep vacant three MBBS seats for their admission while rejecting the Medical Board report disqualifying them.
Justice K K Sasidharan passed the interim order directing that the seats be kept vacant before the second round of counselling for MBBS seats commenced.
The order came on writ petitions filed by T Nalini of Vandavasi, R Anbumani of Tiruchirappalli and R Devipriya of Kancheepuram district who had challenged the Medical Board`s decision disqualifying them for admission into MBBS course under disabled persons quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet