HC comes to the rescue of differently-abled students
Chennai: Coming to the rescue of three disabled students including a girl, the Madras High Court on Monday ordered the Tamil Nadu government to keep vacant three MBBS seats for their admission while rejecting the Medical Board report disqualifying them.
Justice K K Sasidharan passed the interim order directing that the seats be kept vacant before the second round of counselling for MBBS seats commenced.
The order came on writ petitions filed by T Nalini of Vandavasi, R Anbumani of Tiruchirappalli and R Devipriya of Kancheepuram district who had challenged the Medical Board`s decision disqualifying them for admission into MBBS course under disabled persons quota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply