HC declines to stay notification on teachers

Last Updated: Monday, June 18, 2012 - 18:04

Madurai: The Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court on Monday declined to stay a notification of the Tamil Nadu Government to recruit 7903 Secondary grade Teachers.

Justice K Venkataraman, in his interim order, said the recruitment of Secondary grade teachers can go on, but directed the Teachers Recruitment body to keep two posts vacant for the two petitioners who had questioned the notification and demanded a stay on it.

The March notification this year, according to the petitioners, had demanded that Secondary Grade teacher aspirants must undergo Teacher Eligibility test (TET) so as to become eligible for appointment to the post of Secondary Grade.

This notification was not in conformity with the earlier Government Order on November 15 last year, which provided TET for appointment of Post Graduate teachers alone and not for secondary grade teachers, the petitioners contended.

The judge said there cannot not be any stay of the operation of the impugned notification, "which will stall the entire selection process of the secondary grade teachers."

The Advocate General said the recruitment process can go on with regard to the other secondary grade teachers except the two petitioners.

PTI



First Published: Monday, June 18, 2012 - 18:04

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus