HC directive to Pudu Govt on child labour rules
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday directed
the government of Pudhucherry to notify the rule pertaining to
child labour preferably within three months.
Chief Justice M Y Eqbal and Justice T S Sivagnanam of the
first bench, disposing of a writ petition, said taking into
consideration, the seriousness of the matter, it was issuing a
direction to the respondent to notify the rule `as
expeditiously as possible, preferably within three months from
Petioner P Joseph Victor Raj, state convenor of Campaign
against Child Labour - Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, had sought
a direction to the government to finalise and notify the rules
for effective implementation of the Right of Children to Free
and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical